Followers

Monday 16 April 2012

ALi Pali

OH what a day! I met some good friends at the Big Stamp and Scrapbooking show at Alexandra Palace yesterday and had such fun!  I saw my first view of "The Shard" as well!

I came home weighed down with Tim Holtz Distress Stains, I was only going to get a couple then Eileen talks me into getting the set! I have the most intricate butterfly die and some of the new Lilli of the Valley stamps too - I got the one with the little boy walking away from the damaged caused by a stray cricket ball - so sweet.

I also managed to get a Rugby themed stamp for Chris and his mates which was a result - Football (or Poofball as it is called in this house) is easy but Rugby less so.  I added to my "Crafyt Individuals" collection, although I ended up buying a whole A4 set of stamps purely because I liked just one of them.

The scrapbook I put on earlier was received well and I easily spent my earnings.  It does seem so wrong to be paid for something that you had such fun doing - it kept me quiet for hours, made me routle around bits of my stash that have not seen the light of day for a while as well as introduce me in to a new way of crafting.  Sometimes we all need a push to try something different and a I am so pleased I did - I even went on more of the scrapbook stands than usual.

As always I met friends and also some very lovely people up there.  It made up for the nightmare journey - I'm so glad I only use the trains/tubes twice a year.  Nick is now resigned to this bi-annual assault on our bank account and takes it in good grace - aren't I a luck girl!

So watch this space.

I hope everyone is keeping well and happy

lots of Love

Melissa

3 comments:

Craftychris said...

A full set of Distress Stains and lots of other goodies!! What a lucky girl you are! I'm glad you had such a lovely time and enjoy playing with all your new stuff xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

wow Melissa you have had fun haven't you trying not to feel a tad jealous but love what you do with them too, love Shaz in Oz.x

SamsHomeCookedDesigns.com said...

Hi I found you through a mention on Eileens Blog, lovely work on your blog, I love how you do those black edges, its like your looking into something, great technique. Sam